[Ct-nfb] Question on Hierarchy of Sight

Rob Palaski PALASKI65 at COMCAST.NET
Wed Oct 1 00:26:10 UTC 2014

I hope your friend makes a full recovery. And we are not a blind person we
are persons who happen to be blind. We are people first and need to be
treated in that manor.

From: Ct-nfb [mailto:ct-nfb-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Justin
Salisbury via Ct-nfb
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:21 PM
To: Elizabeth Rival; NFB of Connecticut Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Ct-nfb] Question on Hierarchy of Sight

Beth:

It strikes me that this might be an inappropriate time to begin accusations
about whether or not the car was a quiet one. I do not think that we are
ready to move on to the fault-finding type of analysis yet.

Right now, while my friend is fighting for his life, and while his wife
updates our Wisconsin affiliate via email, we are focused on our prayers
that he make a full recovery.

I believe that his wife's words are as credible as any news article and hope
that no one will discredit them as hearsay.

I decided that it might be appropriate right now to discuss the idea of why
so many people, when describing the accident, mention the fact that he and
his wife are totally blind. It's a tragedy because it happened to a good
human being, not because it happened to a totally blind human being with a
totally blind spouse.

I continue to hope that he will make a full recovery.

Yours,

Justin Salisbury

Sent from the iPhone of:

Justin M. Salisbury

Graduate Student

Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness

Louisiana Tech University

Email: President at Alumni.ECU.edu

Twitter: @SalisburyJustin

On Sep 24, 2014, at 7:57 PM, "Elizabeth Rival via Ct-nfb"