[Ct-nfb] Fwd: Comcast's power grab

Danielle Spruill dspruill87 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 15:48:44 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Mary Alice Crim, FreePress.net" <info at freepress.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 17:10:19 +0000
Subject: Comcast's power grab
To: Danielle <dspruill87 at gmail.com>

12px;"><p style="font-size: 12px;">

You can unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time:
                         [1]freepress.net

                       [1][IMG]

   Hi ,

   Comcast -- a known Net Neutrality violator -- has kicked its spin machine
   into high gear. Its goal? To sell Washington on its plan to take over Time
   Warner Cable.

   (Because a bigger cable company is exactly what we need, right?)

   This deal would combine the two largest cable companies into one giant
   gatekeeper that would control our access to the Internet. And while
   Comcast may pretend to support Net Neutrality, it's required to abide by
   it only until 2018.

   [2]But you can put a stop to Comcast's never-ending quest for dominance:
   Tell the FCC to reject the deal.

   If the merger goes through, we'll be stuck paying higher prices for the
   same sluggish speeds and pathetic customer service. Comcast will be able
   to do whatever it wants with our connections to the Internet. And this is
   a company that has shown time and again that it wants to control what we
   see and do online.

   [3]Nobody wants their cable company to get even bigger. Speak out today.

   Stopping Comcast's power grab is serious business. We have to combat the
   millions of dollars the company is shelling out to inundate Washington
   with hundreds of lobbyists and misleading advertisements.

   [4]Tell the FCC to stop this deal.

   There is simply no good reason that Comcast -- or any other company --
   should be allowed to mess with our Internet.

   Thanks for all that you do--

   Mary Alice, Candace, Amy and the rest of the Free Press team
   [5]freepress.net

   P.S. Want to do more? After you send the FCC a message, [6]pick up the
   phone and tell Chairman Wheeler exactly what you think.

   P.P.S. [7]Donate today to super-charge our campaign to stop Comcast.
   Generous donors will match every dollar we raise up to $100,000. Thank
   you!