[Ct-nfb] Fwd: Comcast's power grab

Trevor Attenberg tattenberg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 02:10:44 UTC 2014

Of course this does not prevent us from taking personal positions and
promulgating them in other fronts, like social media (Facebook etc.) if we
have a passion.

Unfortunately the NFB does have to pick it's battles prudently I think. It
does so not just to save time and remain focused, but to keep from
fracturing over socio-political ideology stances that would generally be
irrelevant to our cause. This means bowing out of matters that do in fact
impact the blind. It's all about precedents I suppose. Within the NFB we can
fight for paramount blindness related stuff and put grievances we might have
with one another's perspectives aside-hopefully. I don't suppose it would be
too big an issue for the list to discuss this further if the matter isn't
well understood, seeing as many of us weren't at our national convention
where the NFB's official conclusion on net neutrality was established. But
hopefully this all makes sense.

Trevor A