[Ct-nfb] Reactions Requested

Hamit Campos hamitcampos at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 02:59:51 UTC 2014

Hmmmmmm, what's this all about?

From: Ct-nfb [mailto:ct-nfb-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Justin
Salisbury via Ct-nfb
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2014 10:22 PM
To: 'nfbwnews at nfbwis.org'; 'ct-nfb at nfbnet.org'
Subject: [Ct-nfb] Reactions Requested

Fellow Federationists:

How do you feel when you read the following passage?

###

Our climb up the stairs to freedom has been slow and difficult, but we are
nearing the top. We carry with us a trust-for Dr. tenBroek and for all of
the others who went before us. We also carry a trust for those who will
follow-for the blind of the decades ahead. Yesterday and tomorrow meet in
this present time, and we are the ones who have the responsibility. Our
final climb up the stairs will not be easy, but we must make it. The stakes
are too high and the alternatives too terrible to allow it to be otherwise.
If we fail to meet the challenge or dishonor our trust, we will fall far
down the stairs, and the journey back up will be long and painful.

But, of course, we will not fail. We will continue to climb. Our heritage
demands it; our faith confirms it; our humanity requires it. Whatever the
sacrifice, we will make it. Whatever the price, we will pay it. Seen from
this perspective, the challenges and confrontations are hardly worth
noticing. They are only an irritant.

My brothers and my sisters, the future is ours. Come! Join me on the stairs,
and we will finish the journey.