[Ct-nfb] FW: CRIS Radio Needs Your Help!

Elizabeth Rival erival at comcast.net
Tue Feb 24 23:28:01 UTC 2015

From: dwdunne at crisradio.org [mailto:dwdunne at crisradio.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 4:35 PM
To: 'Elizabeth Rival'
Subject: FW: CRIS Radio Needs Your Help!

Hi Beth

The governor is facing a $1.3 billion deficit, and as a result, he is
proposing to eliminate all state support for CRIS Radio.  While we
understand the difficult challenge faced by the governor, the proposed cut
will have a devastating impact on CRIS Radio's ability to provide service
free of charge as we have done for the past three decades. For those of you
who have benefited from CRIS Radio, we need your help now!

Please consider writing a letter of support and explain what CRIS means to
you!  We are collecting letters of support to present as a package to
lawmakers this Friday during the public hearing held by the Appropriations
Committee at the state Capital.

CRIS operates a nearly $1 million operation on half that amount, thanks to
the nearly 300 volunteers who dedicate their time and talent to recording
articles published in nearly 70 newspapers and magazines. We also receive
financial support from Lions Clubs and other civic groups, individual
donors, commercial radio stations that donate their subcarrier frequencies,
foundations, and the State of Connecticut.

Without the state's support, which is about 20 percent CRIS Radio's total
budget, it will significantly impact our ability to continue to distribute
free radios and our audio services to people who are blind or print
challenged due to physical, learning, intellectual or emotional
disabilities.

Again, CRIS needs your support! Please call your legislator and consider
writing a letter of support addressed to the Connecticut General Assembly.
Please send the letter directly to CRIS Radio, 315 Windsor Ave., Windsor, CT
06095, or email it to me at dwdunne at crisradio.org. The letter will be copied
and delivered in a package to lawmakers on Friday, Feb. 27.

Thank you!

Best,

Diane

Diane Weaver Dunne