[Ct-nfb] Warning About a Computer Virus

Trevor Attenberg tattenberg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 04:47:07 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

I want to warn you guys--I just got through a week without my computer due
to something called Crypto-Blocker-I think. It probably got on my computer
through a corrupted PDF attachment from someone I know. Anyhow, It encrypted
all of my files and forced me to pay a ransom in order to get them back.
This drained me of a lot of money; but since I needed those files, there was
nothing I could do but pay up. No one knows how to cure the virus, save for
the people that made it and administer the money exchange, which was in bit
coins. They are probably using all the millions of dollars they made from
their many victims in order to buy coke and rhino horn from Silk Road. So
lesson learned; be sure to back up your files frequently on something you
can access absent your computer; and make all your important computer
updates. My computer is a PC, and I'm not clear if this bug is just as
friendly with Macs, but certainly it is wise to take these precautions no
matter what your device is. I don't think you want this unless you are in
cahoots with these guys, and I don't think you are.

Best,

Trevor

---