[Ct-nfb] FW: Nutmeg Senior Rides Walk 2016

Elizabeth Rival erival at comcast.net
Mon Feb 22 17:36:09 UTC 2016

From: Margaret Hale [mailto:ctseniorrides at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 12:11 PM
To: Beth Riva,; barbb
Subject: Nutmeg Senior Rides Walk 2016

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Margaret Hale

Phone: 860.758.7833

E-mail: ctseniorrides at gmail.com

News Summary:        Aetna is Premier Sponsor of Nutmeg Senior Rides Annual Walk

NORTH CENRAL CT – (February 10, 2016) Aetna named Premier Sponsor of the Nutmeg Senior Rides Annual Walk. The Walk will take place at the Enfield Square Mall in Enfield on Saturday, March 12, 2016. The event is slated to kick-off at 11:00 a.m.; registration opens at 10:00 a.m. Registration online is preferred at www.NutmegSeniorRides.org <http://www.nutmegseniorrides.org/> . Evan White, reporter with WSFB, will be the MC.

Every day in this country seniors give up their keys, and, without transportation option, risk isolation, depression and decreased quality of life! The mission of Nutmeg Senior Rides is to provide community-supported, affordable, “door-through-door” personal transportation 365 for seniors and vision-impaired adults.

Paulette Dumais was the first Nutmeg rider.  She says “I think the key word here is Nutmeg Senior Rides provides ‘transportation.’ Every member who utilizes our service no longer has to feel like they are ‘shut ins!’ They can still contribute to society, their community, and their families while maintaining a sense of independence.   I strongly believe if a person’s outlook is at a high level it affects your health!!!. For whatever reason they chose to no longer drive, the option is there to participate in life’s every day scenarios!!! Every member has a story behind their use of our service.  This is why keeping the cost down is so important.  The Walk can accomplish that….a happier outlook without the burden of cost to the pocketbook results in society and communities benefiting from the experiences that seniors are able to share!. We need to tap into that wide range of experience.”

The annual Walk provides the much needed funding to insure Nutmeg Senior Rides continues the commitment to have available “door-through-door” transportation for seniors and visually impaired adults. Volunteers provide over 50% of the rides and are the key factor in keeping rides available & affordable, keeping program costs down and keeping the program intimately connected to the community. The service area includes the towns of Bloomfield, East Granby, East Windsor, Enfield, Granby, Somers, South Windsor, Suffield, Windsor and Windsor Locks.

            Additional sponsors of the Walk include Seabury as a Journey Sponsor; Comfort Keepers, Primary Eye Care Center, ShopRite of Enfield, Weatherby & Associates, PC and UnitedHealthcare as Drive Sponsors. Bill’s Landscaping, LLC, Caring Solutions, Coccomo Foundation, Connecticut Medical Supply LLC, Hartford Hospital, Hartford Steam Boiler Insurance Co., Johnson Brunetti, KeyLynx Technologies, Maine Fish Market Restaurant, Raffia Rd. & Spring St. Service Centers, Windsor Federal Savings Bank as Trip Sponsors. The Walk has a fundraising goal of $30,000. For more information about the Walk or to become a sponsor, please visit www.nutmegseniorrides.org <http://www.nutmegseniorrides.org/> ., email ctseniorrides at gmail.com or call 860.758.7833.

Margaret Smith Hale

Executive Director

Nutmeg Senior Rides

PO Box 448