[Ct-nfb] Ai Squared joins VFO, home of Freedom Scientific and Optelec - Ai Squared

Jim McCollum j.mccollum64 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 14 20:41:46 UTC 2016

Here's some interesting news. I wonder what the future holds for screen readers and screen magnification.

http://www.aisquared.com/news/ai-squared-joins-vfo/

Ai Squared joins VFO, home of Freedom Scientific and Optelec

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ai Squared joins VFO, home of Freedom Scientific and Optelec

ST. PETERSBURG, FL and MANCHESTER CENTER, VT – JUNE 14, 2016 – VFO, home of the Freedom Scientific and Optelec brands, announced today that it has acquired Ai Squared, a leading developer of screen magnification and screen reading software. Together, the companies offer the world’s broadest suite of assistive technology products for the visually-impaired. Each of the companies has a long history of providing innovative technology solutions that enable blind and low vision individuals to reach their full potential – to gain an education, obtain employment, succeed in professional careers, and live independently throughout their lives.

“Adding the brand, product portfolio and capabilities of Ai Squared to VFO gives us the broadest portfolio in the industry, unmatched global distribution and market leading customer support,” said John Blake, CEO and President of VFO. “The combined company will offer customers the industry’s most recognized screen magnification solutions, ZoomText and MAGic, and screen reading solutions, JAWS, ZoomText Fusion and Window-Eyes, next to the broad portfolio of video magnifiers, scan and read solutions, and refreshable Braille displays.”

“Delivering great solutions, services and support is our passion,” said David Wu, CEO of Ai Squared. “Now that Ai Squared has joined VFO, we will have even greater ability to fulfill our commitment to deliver the most innovative and useful solutions for users with visual impairments.”

VFO is committed to offering our end customers innovative technology solutions and market leading support at a level that is unmatched in the industry.

About VFO™
VFO is a leading global assistive technology provider for the visually impaired. The VFO brands, Freedom Scientific and Optelec, have a long history of developing and providing innovative solutions for blind and low vision individuals, helping them to reach their full potential. VFO has offices in St. Petersburg, Florida, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Canada, Germany and the United Kingdom, and through multi-tier distribution is available in more than 70 countries worldwide.
Media Contact:
Maarten Bosch
+31(0)88 6783407
www.vfo-group.com
info at vfo-group.com

About Ai Squared™
For over 20 years, Ai Squared has been a worldwide leader in assistive technology solutions for people with visual impairments. Available in more than 23 languages and sold in 45 countries worldwide, Ai Squared’s screen magnification and screen reading products dramatically improve a computer’s usability and friendliness for users who are low vision or blind, raising user productivity, satisfaction, and independence. Ai Squared’s family of products include ZoomText, ZoomText Fusion, Window-Eyes, Sitecues, ZoomText Large-Print Keyboard, ZoomText ImageReader, the ZoomReader iOS app and the ZoomContacts iPad app. For more information, please visit Ai Squared online at www.aisquared.com.

Media Contact:
Doug Hacker
+1 (802) 367-6107
www.aisquared.com