[Ct-nfb] {Spam?} Election Day

Jim McCollum j.mccollum64 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 4 02:45:51 UTC 2016

Hello, fellow Federationists.
Election day is only a few days away. Hopefully our new accessible voting system will work, but we should be prepared to address any problems that may arise.
The number for Protection and Advocacy in Connecticut is 860-297-4300. If you have any problems with the voting machines, or with poll workers, call this number and report them.
Also, NFB has set up a voting hotline that will be available on election day from 7:30 AM until 9:00 PM. That number is 877-632-1940. Please call this number and report your experience voting.
For those who are on Twitter, there is a hashtag, #BlindVoterExperience, which you can follow to relate your own experience, and see how things are going around the country.
Peggy Reeves, Director of Elections for the CT Secretary of State's office, will speak about the new voting system at our convention, along with Yung Nguyen, a representative from IVES Llc., the vendor who supplies the voting machines. They are scheduled to speak at 12:30 PM, and at least one machine will be available for people to look at.
I'm sure I'll see many of you this weekend. Let's all make our voices heard, at the polls, and wherever else it is necessary to do so.

Jim McCollum
Legislative Co-ordinator
j.mccollum64 at comcast.net