[Ct-nfb] NFB of CT State Convention

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Sun Nov 13 01:20:20 UTC 2016

Hi Elizabeth,

Since we are going to have to work with the nearest ministration for at least the next four years, I think it is best that we try to build a more positive relationship with this administration. We need to educate Mr. Trump and all of the rest of society about the capacity of blind people.

There are positive ways to look at the outcome of this election. In fact, the Republican platform included in at the end of the payment of subminimum wage is two workers with disabilities. It is now time for us to hold the party accountable for the promise and it's campaign platform. The same is true for the Democratic platform, as well.

So, if you want to join with us in educating the public, including our new president, about the capacity of blind people, we would love to have you. When we build the right kinds of relationships with our elected officials, we are building the National Federation of the Blind.

Best,

Justin

Sent from the iPhone of:

Justin M. Salisbury, MA, NOMC, NCRTB, NCUEB
Opportunity Ambassador
National Federation of the Blind
Email: President at Alumni.ECU.edu<mailto:President at Alumni.ECU.edu>
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-salisbury
Twitter: @SalisburyJustin

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."

William Butler Yeats