[Ct-nfb] Guide Dog Bill, Substitute Text

Jim McCollum j.mccollum64 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 21 15:19:40 UTC 2017

Hello, all.
House Bill 7214, An Act Concerning Harassment of a Guide or Assistance Dog or the Handler of Such Dog, was referred to the Legislative Commissioner's Office  earlier this week for analysis. It was released and placed on the House calendar, but as of today it is back with the LCO. There is some concern somewhere about the language of the bill, which may need to be tweeked. I spoke with a person in the House Clerk's office this morning, who recommended that I check back with them next week, or follow the bill's progress online. This is a link to the most recent text of the bill.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2017/TOB/h/2017HB-07214-R01-HB.htm

Jim Y. McCollum
President
Shoreline Chapter
National Federation of the Blind (NFB) of Connecticut
Legislative Co-ordinator, NFB of CT
j.mccollum64 at comcast.net
860-581-0430 (mobile)
203-535-1620 (home)