[Ct-nfb] Federal special-ed website appears to be working after being down for more than a week

Nathanael T. Wales ntwales at omsoft.com
Sun Feb 19 02:46:59 UTC 2017

Jim,

Again, thank you very much for keeping on top of this issue--and of course
several others--for us.  I was concerned to note the following, and I think
it's fairly apolitical: "On Friday afternoon, Education Secretary Betsy
DeVos issued a statement about the outage, saying that the site and its
server had been 'neglected' for nearly four years. 'This behavior is
unacceptable,' DeVos said."  It's regrettable that she has chosen to blame
the previous administration; it's certainly not an example of how leadership
handles things in our NFB.  And it's certainly interesting that the neglect
that she alleges just happened to catch up to the website 7 or 20 or so days
after President Trump was inaugurated...

Again, Jim, thank you, and keep it up!

Nathanael