[Ct-nfb] FW: Rest in peace, Ellen Sue Rozene Bedford

Elizabeth Rival erival at comcast.net
Sun May 14 16:20:30 UTC 2017

From: Brian Bedford [mailto:briancbedford at gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 2:16 PM
To: Brian C Bedford <briancbedford at gmail.com>
Subject: Rest in peace, Ellen Sue Rozene Bedford

Dear family and friends,

We are very sad to inform you of the passing of our beloved Ellen Sue Rozene Bedford. Ellen passed away on Thursday night after a long battle with breast cancer. She passed peacefully under the compassionate and attentive care of Dr. Justin Persico, the Smilow Cancer Center on Park Avenue, Vitas Healthcare and Bridgeport Hospital, the smell of brownies and Milky Ways right under her nose.

We are holding Ellen’s funeral this Monday, May 15 at 11:00am at  <https://goo.gl/maps/tZb31L569rw> Congregation Rodeph Sholom, 2385 Park Ave in Bridgeport. Interment will follow at  <https://goo.gl/maps/RhFAvm7NgTv> Rodeph Sholom Memorial Park on Kings Highway in Fairfield. The family will sit shiva at Brian’s home at  <https://goo.gl/maps/4vHQCi9Mtvz> 475 Clark St in Bridgeport on Monday 5/15, Tuesday 5/16, and Wednesday 5/17 from 4pm to 8pm each day. Please  <https://docs.google.com/document/d/19vxagOkObt1Am5IHbjiIK0nk6l6WXrq7CTpL_V88wdQ/pub> click here for more information about the funeral and how we’ll be observing shiva.

Memorial contributions can be made to: The National Federation of the Blind c/o Southern CT NFB, 3250 Fairfield Ave. #102, Bridgeport, CT 06605; or to the  <https://secure3.convio.net/ctfb/site/Donation2?1761.donation=form1&df_id=1761> Connecticut Food Bank. Ellen poured her heart and soul into helping others, and there is no better way to honor her memory than to volunteer to help the less fortunate in any way you can.

Ellen was an endlessly creative, unconditionally loving, immensely generous woman, and a true friend to all. She will live on forever in our souls, carrying us into the future with every piece of chocolate, every set of cheerful googly eyes, and every handmade creation hidden in all the nooks and crannies of our homes and our hearts.

Thank you for your support, your prayers and your compassion,
Brian, Scott & Jamie

(Our apologies if you receive this message multiple times -- we have had some technical difficulties.)