[Ct-nfb] From Elizabeth Greenwood Impot to help FL disabled victims

Elizabeth Greenwood elizabethg70 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 11 22:14:41 UTC 2017

Dear Gary,

As you are  aware as taht    ther e have been  lots of donations  type  events  done for  that of  hurricane victims, but  what hasnt' occured is that    anything  being done to   assist  that of  disabled  individuals    and service animals. With this I've taken it upon myself to organize  an  event that  would just be  focused on    helping our own in  need. I   have already essemble  things   as in motion for it  t o take place this  Saturday at  the BRS/BESB office which is a perfect location  1057 Broad Street  in Bridgeport  as  it  is  only a couple of  blocks fro mthe bus/train station on Water Street in Bridgeport.

I've been speaking with Chris  Lassen of the Adult Services  with BESB  and  he's contacted the directors  and they  are  in agreeance for the space to be used this  Saturday or  any Saturday for that  fact is what he had said , but the only thing that  he  needs  is an email from you stating that   the items , funds , etc will be  going  to  those disabled , and  associated/affilated with NFB. Chris  said  that the  reason for this is that  they have   endured issues  of  people using the  space not for the right  reasons  and   the ydont'  dobt me or Chris, but just want  to be  extra  sure is all and if you could do this  then we will be doing so much t o help our own. I'm sure you know  how t ocontact  Chris, but  I'll give you his  informatio n t omake it  quicker which is Christopher.Lassen at ct.gov  his phone is 860-602-4180 direct line and main line is 800-842-4510;

Chris will circlulate an email to  everyone   within BRS/BESB and that  as wel las of the   other  organizations as  he can. As well  to othat  Lucia  can sent out a global as well to o with  the  details upon  as be set  in full/concrete  as of  tomorrow./ Then my boyfriend Frank Recchia who  is with News 12 and covers the GBA  will put  a  story of the  event  on the news  either Wednesday  or Thursday and will get  good exposure    before  the day  for us doing   good   helpilng   our own as the ysay  which is so important to me and am sure  to you as  wel las others. The nthe day of the  event   Saturday     which  am   hoping it to be and if weather  then be the  following  Saturday.   IF  I can have this all  done tomorrow  then Frank will  contact  both  Mayor Joe Ganum and  Senator Blumenthal and Congressman Jim Himes of the  event  to get the mto come  out  and support us and the event.
 and as well as   the  coverage of  it  on the  day of  it. Which  this will not only show       how that of  disabled individuals    in the  devation need alot  as  everybody else  and should not be forgotten just because   need a  little extra support  , devices, aides, etc to live  a life  that is equal to that of everybody else and  those things that  are lost  people may nto have  had insurance on them  or their service animal  may have needs  that   aren't being met s othis is why   I'm so passionate about making this happen and that  that   just  as many items  are donated or  money give n to use as  anybody else.

I'm planning as of now that     it will be  Saturday as stated  at  1057 Broad Street  Bridgeport   from 10am or so  to end of day  weather  permitting.  That a gofundme page be created  in behalf of NFB  for  funds  and that  all  physical items  collected  that  arrangements  are being   made     with  that    B ridgeport agancy     in Bridgeport  Red Cross, Americares,  or that of a private  company  still being  worked on   as  to bring  dow nteh  physical  items   needed.

So  again, if  can do this  quick emai lt o Chris Lassen and then   it  all will be  finalized tomorrow and  I'll email you tomorrow   afternoon  of details and if  you can let me know too as   can   send  emai lto this email or cal lme  at  203-981-0221.

Thank you so much for  your  kind  time, compassion and  attention t othis matter.

Elizabeth Greenwood