[Ct-nfb] article about use of the Web

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 15:50:46 UTC 2018

Hi, everyone,

I loved Amy’s article about use of the Web. Now, I’m wondering if anyone will join me in pursuing full Web accessibility for the Hallmark ecards website, though there are several other ecard sites that share the issues I have with Hallmark. I subscribed to the ecard option almost a year ago. Subscribing, and later purchasing various cards, was pretty straightforward; however, as with all the sites I know of that sell ecards, there are no picture and text descriptions, and no notations about what’s going on in the videos that often accompany the card texts. I have dealt with several Hallmark personnel, who claim to want to change things, but the current “solution” is to request several appropriate card options’ links to be emailed to you (plus detailed descriptions), and then you follow through with purchasing the one you most like. This, of course, entails having to solicit CS assistance more than I would like. I’m hoping that as our voice gets louder, Hallmark and others will respond favorably and make their sites better for us—hopefully the government requirements cited in Amy's article will address issues like this.

Sandra

“If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.”
(Henry David Thoreau)

---