[CT-NFB] Betty Woodward

Trudy Swenson trudy.swenson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 21:52:36 UTC 2020

Trevor and I have known Betty and Bruce for well over 30 years. I have
sweet memories of their enthusiasm over Trev’s early cane travel lessons
and school progress. Betty interviewed Trev for several scholarship
opportunities. When Trev won and Bruce presented it to him at a state
convention, I remember Bruce announcing to the audience, “I love this job!”
Years later, when Trev secured a national scholarship, I took Bruce and
Betty aside and told them they were the inspiration behind it. Their
gentle, unwavering influence helped Trevor to believe in himself. We all
are better people for having known them. They leave behind a legacy of
community involvement and dedicated kindness. We need to pay it forward.
Betty was such a sweetheart. She lived her life well. We couldn’t keep her
forever but she was a treasure while we had her.
Best wishes to all of you.
Trudy Swenson
--
*Trudy Swenson*