[CT-NFB] What I discovered about ZOOM

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Thu Jul 30 02:54:12 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

I think it’s great to get in there and play around with Zoom. I have a paid Zoom account for work with a few extra bells and whistles, and it really can do a lot. I’m told that the free Zoom accounts can only host free meetings for up to 40 minutes. That may have changed.

In the NFB of Pennsylvania, we have a paid Zoom account that was given to us by the national office, by my understanding. We have a few affiliate leaders with credentials for it, and we use it to host affiliate-wide programming. It can do some nice things for sure, like how we can make the Zoom system call certain people to get them into the meetings. This is especially helpful with some folks who are newly blind and don’t yet have the skills to use their smartphones independently or write down the long string of meeting ID and passcode numbers.

Stay well, everyone!

Justin

Justin Mark Hideaki Salisbury
he/him/his

Phone: 808.797.8606
Email: President at Alumni.ECU.edu<mailto:President at Alumni.ECU.edu>
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-salisbury
ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Justin_Salisbury

“Once social change begins, it cannot be reversed. You cannot un-educate the person who has learned to read. You cannot humiliate the person who feels pride. You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore.”

Cesar Chavez