[CT-NFB] Your opinion is valued.

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Thu Nov 12 20:46:41 UTC 2020

Jim, When I was President of the Southern CT Chapter I did something like
this prior to the beginning of each meeting.  Basically as folks got to know
each other better we changed this over to be the first hour of the meeting
folks could come and socialize and then the last 2 hours of the meeting was
business of the Chapter & State.  I did give the option that folks did not
have to be there for the first hour, but we did promptly start the meeting
at the designated time.

I found this to work out really good, as prior to doing this all we knew
about each other was that we were visually impaired and didn't know how much
if anyone could see or what caused the lack of sight.  It worked out well to
share this and folks could know who to ask their questions.

Joyce Kane
 Kane Kids Shop