[CT-NFB] Federationist Issue

Brianna Rigsbee bri.rigsbee96 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 19:42:18 UTC 2020

Dear Federationists,

I hope you’re all doing well. It’s that time of year again—yup, you guessed
it—time to submit those articles for The Federationist. For this issue, I’d
like us to focus on diversity and intersectionality. Intersectionality is a
core component that combines different aspects of a person’s identity such
as race, gender, etc. Now more than ever, diversity is so important.
Everyone is unique and the more diverse society gets, the more we will be
exposed to opinions that differ from our own. Diversity can reduce racism
and discrimination, give a more colorful life experience, and build a more
balanced world.

As I’ve said before, and will continue to say, everybody has a voice that
matters, and everybody’s voice is valued regarding this topic. Whether
you’re white, black, young or old—no one is exempt. So tell me your
stories. How do all these aspects—race, gender, disability, age, sexuality,
etc—intersect with each other?

This is a powerful topic that is close to my heart as well as others, and I
am so proud to be working on it with you all.

Please send your submissions to me at editor.fedct at gmail.com by Monday,
November 30. <x-apple-data-detectors://1> If people feel uncomfortable
writing their pieces, I would be more than happy to conduct an interview
with you. And based off of questions I’ll ask you, I can write something up
myself. Just contact me (off list), and we’ll work something out.

Best,

Bri
--
Brianna Rigsbee
First Vice President | Connecticut Association of Blind Students, A proud
bri.rigsbee96 at gmail.com
(203) 751-0199
http://www.nfbct.org/ct-chapters/connecticut-association-of-blind-students
“Live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.”