[CT-NFB] Donated items to distribute

Phillip Magalnick philmag at optonline.net
Mon Sep 7 21:53:19 UTC 2020

I have spoken with our local postmaster and he advises that we can indeed utilize the free matter for the blind program to send this type of equipment which assists  in the reading of materials. The code actually does classify this  type of equipment as appropriate in order to take advantage of the program. We have had LOC digital players sent to us this way, as well as items from BESB. The postal code is available online. Hope this helps. The item must not be sealed when present it to the post office or pick up carrier, as they must confirm that it is indeed blind-related. Then, it is sealed in the presence of the postal official.

Respectfully,
P.A. Magalnick,JP
203-912-5783
Justice of the Peace, CT
President, National Federation of the Blind-SWCT Chapter
1st VP, National Federation of the Blind-CT Affiliate
Vice-Chair, Stamford Committee on Accessibility