[CT-NFB] State board meeting

Deb Reed deb.reed57 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 16:11:10 UTC 2020

Maryanne and fellow Nfb members,
My apologies for not being able to provide you with the state rehabilitative Council report this morning. It was the first time I was attempting to use Zoom on my iPhone rather than my iPad which is entirely different. Somehow I could hear you but no one could hear me even though the unmute button was engaged on the zoom app it may Have been muted on my phone pad.
The vocational rehabilitation policy on personal adjustment. Was last revised in July 2018. Representing Nfb Of CT was our president Maryanne Melley, she expressed her concerns on how an extension of services was determined solely on the acquisition of skills. Also, there was concern as to who was making this determination.  The State director rather than the vocational rehabilitation supervisor. A motion was made by Gary Allen to have the director draft revisions to be discussed at our next meeting on September 23.

Sent from my iPhone
Deborah J. Reed
“Live the life you want, blindness is not what hold you back.” National Federation Of The Blind