[CT-NFB] NFBCT website redesign to the Drupal platform completed!

NFBCT Webmaster bmackey at nfbct.org
Sat Jan 2 16:43:35 UTC 2021

Greetings to all,

This is NFBCT Webmaster Brian Mackey.

I am proud to announce that I have completed the redesign of the affiliate
website, www.nfbct.org <http://www.nfbct.org> , to the Drupal platform.
Thank you for your patience while I was working on this project. The site
was in need of some TLC, grin. I want to thank Maryanne Melley and Lucia Lee
for assisting me with gathering information for me to make this project
possible.

Now that the project is done, it is now up to you, the membership, to review
the content on the site on a periodical basis to make sure the information
on the site is accurate and current. Without that assistance, Maryanne,
Lucia, and I won't know if something is inaccurate until a member says
something. There might have been something that we missed without knowing
it.

Sometime later this year the national office will be contacting the
affiliate in regards to migrating the site to a multi-site Drupal platform
that they are currently in the process of doing for other affiliates. Once
that is done, the national office will be responsible for updating the
Drupal portion of the site while the affiliate will still be responsible for
maintaining the content on the site. The national office will be doing the
same for the national divisions. The goal of this is to unify the branding
across all NFB websites.

Assuming that the national convention will be at least a hybrid convention
this summer, I hope to meet some of you in New Orleans this July.

Sincerely,

Brian A. Mackey

Brian A. Mackey, Webmaster
Email: bmackey at nfbct.org <mailto:bmackey at nfbct.org>
Website: https://www.nfbct.org
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut is a community of
members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's
blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they
want.