[CT-NFB] From Our National Rep, Amy Ruell: Thoughts and farewell

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Mon Mar 1 01:50:48 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

I received the following message from our 2020 national representative, Amy Ruell, who lost her position as President of the NFB of Massachusetts this weekend.

From: Amy Ruell <aruell at comcast.net<mailto:aruell at comcast.net>>

Hello,
As you have heard or will soon hear, Shara Winton was elected president of the affiliate today. I believe that for the good of the affiliate that it is best that I withdraw from NFBMA. Shara and I do not have a healthy and trusting relationship and she deserves every opportunity to run the affiliate and move the affiliate in the direction she desires.
I will facilitate as smooth a transition as possible within the next two weeks.
Nora Nagle will conclude her responsibilities as treasurer and will get out checks for scholarship and door prize winners as soon as possible.
I have notified the national office of these transitions and will continue to work on behalf of the NFB and to serve on the boards to which I have been elected and/or appointed.
I believe that I have done a good job and have advanced NFBMA during my tenure. I regret that those of you who have been dissatisfied did not come forward and discuss your concerns with me, but I wish you all well as you pursue your dreams.
I will be retaining this email address and will be removing myself from NFBMA lists by the middle of March.
If any of you would like to keep in touch, please either email me at this address or call me at 781-267-4432.
Amy Ruell