[CT-NFB] Amy ruell part II

Nathanael T. Wales ntwales at omsoft.com
Tue Mar 2 17:47:20 UTC 2021

Dear Edward:

Your posts regarding Amy Ruell violate the Expectations of Conduct of this
listserve.  The posts clearly express an opinion internal to the National
Federation, including of leaders of this affiliate.  You are welcome to hold
such opinions, but this listserve is not the place to express them per our
Expectations of Conduct.  I, like many subscribers, have my opinions on
matters internal to our organization, but we all expect that this listserve
will be used to share information to help blind people and build this
organization.  I add that Amy's own post sought to move the Federation
forward by describing her commitments under what I imagine are difficult
circumstances-so that the new leadership team in our neighboring affiliate
can have the best opportunities to build the Federation as the membership
saw fit.  And I suspect Beth's post on this topic is correct about Amy still
serving constructively in other ways as well.

I request that the direction that you took this discussion be stopped
immediately.  Let us build the National Federation of the Blind and keep our
internal organizational matters where they belong: they don't belong on this
listserve.

Regards,

Nathanael T. Wales, Listserve Co-Moderator

NFB of Connecticut

Live the Life You Want