[CT-NFB] Fw: We’ve moved! LBPH relocates to Middletown

Jen spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 18 18:55:56 UTC 2022

 For those who are unaware, I am sending FYI.
   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: CT State Library for the Blind <csl.lbph at ct.gov>To: "spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net" <spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net>Sent: Friday, March 18, 2022, 02:40:52 PM EDTSubject: We’ve moved! LBPH relocates to Middletown
   We're excited to share our news!

|  View this email in your browser  |

We're excited to share our news!

|  The CT State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (LBPH) has relocated from Rocky Hill to Middletown joining its CT State Library colleagues at the Middletown Library Service Center.

Find us!

   - Our new address is 786 South Main Street, Middletown, CT 06457.
   - We are open 9 am – 3 pm, Monday through Friday.
   - Email us at csl.lpbh at ct.gov.
   - Call us at (860) 704-2220 or (800) 842-4516.

More Access

With our new location, comes more access, both to our staff and to our services.

When you call LBPH, our new phone system makes it easier to reach us with all LBPH staff directly connected to our main phone number.

   - If your call reaches our voicemail during open hours, it means our staff are helping other patrons – leave us a message and we’ll call you back.
   - You’re always welcome to call and leave messages when LBPH is closed. LBPH staff will contact you the next business day, if requested.

Our new phone system allows patrons to connect with staff members quickly so we can provide you with the assistance you need.

We get more mail! With our move, we worked with the United States Postal Service to increase our mail service at the Middletown Library Service Center. For the last 2 years, LBPH received mail service at the Rocky Hill location only two days per week. LBPH now receives mail daily at our Middletown location, Monday through Friday, and we send out Talking Book cartridges and machines three days per week.

This increase in mail service has already led to a noticeable improvement in the speed in which we can deliver reading materials to you, and thus to a noted increase in circulation. In the last 2 weeks since our move, we have circulated 1,481 Talking Book cartridges with 7,862 titles. That’s nearly 200 more Talking Book cartridges and over 1,000 more titles than circulated in the same period last year.

One Final Piece of News

LBPH recently learned of a proposed bill, CT SB 397, that would move library service for blind and print disabled residents from the CT State Library to the CT Department of Aging and Disability Services effective July 1, 2022. If passed, this bill would lead to significant disruptions of services for current LBPH patrons during the transition from the CT State Library to the Department of Aging and Disability Services.  The CT State Library wholly opposes this bill.  For more information about this bill, please call 860-704-2202.

We look forward to continuing and growing our service from our new location in Middletown. As always, please contact us if you have any questions!

Sincerely,
The CT State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped

|  |

|  This email was sent to spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net
 CT State Library for the Blind · 786 S Main St · Ct State Library For The Blind · Middletown, CT 06457-5101 · USA