[CT-NFB] April 9th State Board meeting agenda

llee at nfbct.org llee at nfbct.org
Thu Mar 24 21:04:27 UTC 2022

Below is an agenda and directions for our April 9th State Board Meeting.  If
you plan to attend, please email Veronica Alston at
veronicalalston at gmail.com <mailto:veronicalalston at gmail.com>  by April 2nd.

State Board Meeting Agenda

April 9, 2022

Fowler Building

Milford, CT

Board Members Roll Call

NFB Pledge

Treasurer's Report- Charlie Rival

ABPVI (Advisory Board for Persons who are Visually Impaired)- Beth Rival

SRC (State Rehabilitation Council)-Minutes only

PAC Plan (Planned Authorized Contribution) -Len Schlenk

BCAC (Bureau of Consumer Advocacy) - Korrine Herlth

The Federationist-Brianna Rigsbee

New Business:

BELL Academy- Beth Rival

Birdies for Charity - Mary Silverberg

Increase Affiliate Dues to $5.00

Subsidy for National Convention in New Orleans, July 5-10.

Donations to:

SUN Fund

White Cane Fund

Kenneth Jernigan Fund

Jacobus tenBroek fund

Chapter and Division donations for door prizes

Raise for Lucia

Donation to Berlin Lions for Visually Impaired Fishing

Chapter News

Host for Meeting on July 23rd

Directions to the Fowler Memorial Building,

45 New Haven Avenue, Milford

FROM NEW HAVEN ON I-95:  Take Exit 39A and slightly left onto Cherry Street.
In .56 mile, turn left onto Gulf Street; in .35 mile, turn right onto New
Haven Avenue (also Rte 162). The Fowler Building will be on your left 029
mile down just past the Milford Public Library.  The entrance to the parking
lot is the library's driveway.

FROM NEW YORK ON I-95:   Take Exit 35, and turn right onto School House
Road. In .32 mile, turn left onto Bridgeport Ave (also Rte 1); in .30 mile,
turn right onto Bridgeport Ave (Rte 162). Follow Rte 162 for 1.30 miles;
then keep right at the fork onto New Haven Ave (also Rte 162). The Fowler
Building will be on your right just before the Milford Public Library.  The
entrance to the parking lot is the library's driveway.

The Fowler Memorial Building is a 5-minute walk from the Milford Train
Station. However, the walk is a bit complicated so it is recommended to use
a GPS app.