[CT-NFB] Happy Earth Day!

Deb Reed deb.reed57 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 12:51:27 UTC 2024

Hello friends and colleagues,
Does anyone want to share their ideas about Earth Day? I just heard a statistic on the news that 1 million single serve water bottles are purchased every minute around the world! In our house we use the newer, “Long last Britta filters“ in our pitcher. Unlike the earlier filters, these only have to be changed every six months and the water is delicious. We bring reusable bottles to drink from at the gym etc.
A new idea I would like to start using is to get some reusable produce bags instead of those thin plastic ones at the store. Those are the bags that make micro plastics that end up in the food supply and water supply.
What can we do as an organization? Should we eliminate single serve water bottles at our conventions? Should we all bring our own reusable bottles with us to refill?

Sincerely,

Deb Reed

Central CT Chapter President of the National Federation of the Blind
Deb.reed57 at gmail.com
Cell-860-378-5370

“Bloom where you are. “From mother, Theresa of Calcutta.