[CT-NFB] How to have a phone number and extension number dialed for you

Jason Castonguay jcast77 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 18:48:17 UTC 2024

Hi, Deb.

In case this is helpful, you can, indeed, enter commas on an iPhone into phone numbers when creating contacts. I imagine this is possible on Android, as well, although steps would differ slightly.

When entering a contact phone number, there is a shift button located where the star key would normally be. If the shift button is activated, some numbers on the keypad will change, allowing for the *, #, and other characters, including a comma. The comma is located where the number 4 would be.

Note that the shift key is a toggle, so if more numbers are needed, simply activate the shift button again to revert to all numbers on the keypad.

I hope this helps! 😊

Best regards,

-Jason

Jason Castonguay <jcast77 at gmail.com>

Find me on Mastodon <https://www.mastodon.social/@jcast432>, Twitter <https://www.twitter.com/jcast>, Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/jcast>, Instagram <https://instagram.com/jcast432>, and LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/jcast77>.