[Ctabs] NFB Pledge

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Sun Oct 27 23:23:19 UTC 2013

To my Federation Family:

Each year, at the state convention (and ideally at all chapter and division meetings), we recite the NFB pledge.  For those of us who do not have it memorized, the experience will be much more empowering if we learn it over the course of the week in preparation for the state convention.  It is important for us to know what we stand for as an organization.

Here's our pledge, and I've even broken it up into lines to make memorization easier:

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of the Blind
to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and
to abide by its constitution.

Love,

Justin

Justin M. Salisbury
B.A. in Mathematics
Class of 2012
East Carolina University
president at alumni.ecu.edu

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”    —MARGARET MEAD