[Ctabs] Blind equality achievement month event hosted by the national Association of blind students

Rosario, Isabel M. rosarioi4 at southernct.edu
Tue Oct 11 10:52:34 UTC 2022

Good morning!
 Here’s a fun event coming up for Blind Equality Achievement Month hosted by the National Association of Blind Students!  I just registered and would love to see you all there!! The information is below along with the registration link:
Come join the National Association of Blind Students on Saturday, October 22nd at 7:00 PM Eastern for our Blind Equality Achievement Month Trivia Night Fundraiser! The event will be a great night of friendly federation competition and a celebration of the movement of the organized blind. Registration is $5, with proceeds going to the National Association of Blind Students, a proud division of the National Federation of the Blind. The registration deadline is Thursday, October 20th at 11:59 pm Eastern. In addition to learning more about BEAM, this is an opportunity to raise money for your state! We are awarding the state student division that performs the best during trivia with $50 of the proceeds raised. If your state does not have a student division, we will gift the funds to the affiliate instead. Do you need to be a blind student to participate? No, in line with BEAM spirit, we welcome all to participate in the fundraiser. In fact, we encourage Federation members to invite friends, family, and members of the community to learn about our movement and take part in some fun competition! So go out into your community and get as many people to represent your state as possible! Let's raise some money and celebrate Blind Equality Achievement Month! Plus, registering and attending the event makes you eligible for door prizes so you better sign up now! Registration link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yD0gUKpeB3czCoNElc4uLgqmKURrVq7-RIA0G254ZuY/viewform?ts=6331bb5e&edit_requested=true

Best regards,
Isabel Rosario
Co-chair|NABS Legislative & Self Advocacy Committee
President| Connecticut Association of Blind Students
Secretary| Connecticut Association of Guide Dog Users
A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut
www.nfbct.org
Check out my podcast:https://anchor.fm/brizzys-perspective
203-993-3045