[Diabetes-talk] new prodigy voice meter

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Aug 4 03:02:14 UTC 2009

Cheryl:

No one is jumping down anyone's throat.

AS for Elaine Rink, I subscribed her when I got back to my hotel room
that very afternoon. However, I thought her name was "Ring" as in
something you wear. Please send me her email address and I will
resubscribe her.

Perhaps next time, you should simply ask if anything was done rather
than adding extraneous comments. In fact, something *was* done but I
made a mistake. Peple do make mistakes, ya know.

Also, with respect, what is discussed on the list is governed by the
questions people ask and the comments they make. Generally, when we get
a new list member, s/he asks how to get the blood on the strip, what's a
good meter, if there's an accessible insulin pump or how to inject
insulin if one can't see, what's the "best diabetic diet", how to get X
accessible device covered by insurance and on and on ad infinitum. Once
the questions are answered, things quiet down for a while. That's the
nature of lists. After all, this list, fortunately, isn't the
"alt.flame.flame.flame" usenet newsgroup! (grin)

This list is only as good and informative as we make it. I'd welcome
recipes, cooking tips and the like as long as the material isn't
copyrighted. And discussions of food and nutrition and exercise are
great, too, although I must confess to being a confirmed skeptic,
believing that there's absolutely no way to scientifically prove that
one diet is better than another. Each person is different and his/her
diabetes is different from everyone else's. I can eat some things
without adverse affects on my bg whereas someone else might go thru the
roof eating the same thing -- and vice versa. I've actually thought
about putting some of my skeptical musings on the list but figured I'd
make too many people irritated so have refrained. (grin)

In any event, let's all try to make the list better. Further, let's all
assume that we have the good of DAN, NFB and blind and sighted diabetics
at heart and not be so suspicious of one another.

Mike Freeman, President
Diabetes Action Network
National Federation of the Blind