[Diabetes-talk] What did you do?

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Aug 20 02:41:07 UTC 2009

I'm not Cheryl, but ...

I think it depends upon what insulin regimen you are using. In my case, I'd figure the humalog dose for the carbs I'll be eating pand than add appropriate amount of insulin according to my established correction factor to get the total dose expected to bring me back down to a reasonable bg level, i.e., within my target range. I'd shoot up, wait perhaps ten minutes to give the insulin a head-start, then eat.

Mike