[Diabetes-talk] What did you do? steroid problems

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu Aug 20 20:37:34 UTC 2009

!My friend is on chemo for lung cancer and has been on it for 3 years  now.
 She was given 18 months to live.  She is doing fairly well  except the
steroids do spike her blood sugar levels.  She was not a  diabetic before she
was diagnosed with the lung cancer.  She now takes a  long acting insulin on
the day they give her the steroids and her chemo  treatment and then for the
next couple  of days she covers herself with a  short acting insulin if
needed.

I believe for each individual it is finding the right docvtor that knows
what to do.

Joyce