[Diabetes-talk] How do you know?

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Aug 26 04:37:17 UTC 2009

Hmmm ... I generally take the humalog right before I eat so haven't had
to worry about missing it. I can generally remember the dosages for
several past meals and I try to write my readings, dosages and meal
contents down two or three times a day so I am able to look back.

I take lantus at night. I've only missed once (at this year's national
convention) but remembered it next morning so took it then without ill
effect. I guess I just know -- sorta like the old days when we knew when
we had made a typo -- it just didn't feel right.

I'm not saying I won't ever make a mistake but so far, I'ave managed to
avoid mistakes. Since I use pens, Joy's option isn't available. If worse
comes to worse, at least for the humalog, I note in my log when I start
a new pen so can figure the doses back to se how much I have left and my
bg readings will tell me pronto if I missed the dose.

Mike Freeman