[Diabetes-talk] Getting Your Doctor To Get Prodigy Voice Software; was - question

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Wed Aug 26 19:21:52 UTC 2009

Paul:

On my last visit to my diabetic doctor, I too brought in my Prodigy Voice
meter.   I do not usually write down the results I get from the meter unless
I plan ahead for a doctor's visit.  Also with the new meter and the ability
to connect it to a PC I thought, let my doctor just connect the meter and
get my daily results.  I was told when I asked if they wanted to connect the
meter that they did not have the software for this particular meter and were
unable to get my daily readings.

It is a major pain in the behind when I have to manually type in after each
and every test my readings, into a file on my Pc.  But, I'll be dammed if
the money to buy the software or cable for the Prodigy for my doctor's
benefit is comming out of my pocket.  If this is now the meter of choice for
diabetics who are blind, what will it take to get doctor's offices to get
the necessary connections for it?  I'm not about to start a
when-push-comes-to-shove argument with my doctor of 13 years who I mostly
like and am able to work with over this issue.  I wish that Prodigy would at
least provide us, the end-user of the product with the cable & software that
we could offer to our doctors.

Eileen