[Diabetes-talk] Getting Your Doctor To Get Prodigy Voice Software; was - question

Vincent Chaney vgc732 at optonline.net
Wed Aug 26 20:38:49 UTC 2009

Eileen and Paul,

Kelly Massaro, or if she has changed to her new married name, would be who
and where to obtain the Prodigy cable and software. Unfortunately we who use
screen readers are not able to use the software and they do not have a way
without calling Kelly to send the software to you if you have someone
sighted that would be able to run the software.
A note on the daily tests and the A1C, the daily/periodic tests are
snapshots. Unless you/we use a CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitor, they may
show we are in the right church but do not give the indication as to the
seat where we are supposed to be sitting. The CGM checks every 5 minutes and
records the result and can track what happens to our bodies when we eat,
administer insulin or oral medications or activities we do in our lives.
The A1C gives the average over the last 2 to 3 months and how much glucose
has adhered to the red blood cells. The A1C is a percentage of the blood
with these having the bonded glucose.
Regarding our doctors, there are just too many different blood testers for
them to have all the cables and software to download the results. We
unfortunately have to do the manual mode of producing a report to bring to
our doctors with most if not all glucose testers who use screen readers.

Vinny
Vincent Chaney, NFB Diabetes Action Network (DAN) Board
NFBNJ Diabetes Division President
NJAGDU Committee Co-chair Lead