[Diabetes-talk] How do you know?

Sally Maguire 1.sally at comcast.net
Sun Aug 30 21:30:52 UTC 2009

When I took Lantus insulin twice a day, I kept it in my dog's food(not the bowl she eats from!).  She eats twice a day and I took my insulin at the same time.  I did decide that I needed to take my insulin before I fed her.  I had to come first!  Until I made that rule for myself, I would still sometimes forget.   That worked well.  Now, with the transplant, I'm usually taking 2 to 3 units a day of Novolog.  I think it works better to write it down right after I take it, or I just find myself forgetting again.   Some good ideas on this list.  Thanks.  Hopefully, I will not be  taking insulin much longer.  that will be the best solution!

Sally