[Diabetes-talk] insulin pens keep getting stuck

miriam youssefi miriamyoussefi at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 6 06:57:25 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,
i'm new to the list and have been enjoying reading our posts on the list.
i'm so glad that we have this great group of people to chat with.
i have been having long time difficulty with my huma pens sticking while
trying to push down the plunger. both my huma pens for the humalin and
humalog insulins are troublesome to use. i keep having to take it apart
while the pen along with the kneedle is still inside me. in order for the
plunger to go down, i keep having to take it apart between intervals and
putting it together again. it was acting up so bad today that had i not
needed it, i was ready to throw it away. though i'm greatful i have another
pen that does work, i haven't used it before, as it takes some getting used
to. it's another huma pen, but now made of metal rather than the plastic one
i've been using. the shape of this is also different. i know i'll have to
talk with the pharmacist about it, but had been putting it off, as i'd been
hoping my old pens still worked. i'm curious to know whether anyone else may
have run in to this particular problem and what may have caused this.
anyway, thanks for listening and hope to hear from you!
all the best,
miriam