[Diabetes-talk] False Low/Good Reading on Prodigy Voice?

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Dec 13 01:06:57 UTC 2009

Eileen:

You are right to be miffed; your meter should do better than that. In fact,
most Prodigy Voice meters do quite well.

However, as I said in another post, there ain't a meter on the market that
reliably differentiates between insufficient blood on the sample and low
blood glucose even though some manufacturers *say* their meters won't give
false readings if there is insufficient blood on the strip. Some
manufacturers are working on meters wherein the blood must complete a
circuit (apparently only doable if there is enough blood on the strip) but
IMO it hasn't happened yet.

I'd bet your problem has been solved by now!

Mike