[Diabetes-talk] False Low/Good Reading on Prodigy Voice?

eileen SCRIVANI etscrivani at verizon.net
Sun Dec 13 16:09:52 UTC 2009

Mike:

A bit of a disagreement here.  Prior to getting the P.V., my husband bought
a small meter for me that was promoted on T.V. as being good for blind
diabetics.  While it did have some speech functionality on it, it was not
totally accessible.  With that said, one very nice feature on the Companion
was that if I did not get a sufficient sample on it, it was stop the test a
vocalize an error message stating that I did not have a good enough blood
sample on the strip.  My point is that it can be done and in fact has been.
It would be a nice feature if it could be made on the Voice.  Often, with
the previous meter, I'd run four tests in a row ... way to many and again
having a bad meter makes an unpleasant task even more distasteful.

My computer had been out of service for a few days now, but Kelly has
contacted me in the interim and I already have a replacement meter and am
seeing higher readings on the new meter and am able to treat accordingly.
Hopefully, this will get my levels back in good shape.

Thanks to Kelly and Alahandra!

Talk soon -- the computer is still not totally up to par yet, but we're
working on getting it back to pre-hard drive crash.
Eileen