[Diabetes-talk] New Member Introduction

Joy Stigile jstigile at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 13 20:57:45 UTC 2009

Dear Robert,
Hi and welcome.  I have Diabetes and I am blind.  My husband is also blind.
What I have reminded him is if I ever do not make sense or if he can't wake
me up is to break up a glucose tablet in half and put each half between my
cheek and teeth and let them dissolve.  If there is no effect in 2 minutes
he is to call 911.

By the time he checked my blood sugar (which would take about 5 or more
minutes) I could be a lot worse.
I would also tell you that it is up to your wife to keep track of her blood
sugar readings to give to her Doctor.

Warmly, Joy Stigile