[Diabetes-talk] insolin measuring devices

Grant E. Metcalf thegems at dslextreme.com
Wed Dec 16 03:01:56 UTC 2009

Hello, a new digester here.

Apparently Novolin is no longer making the 70-30 innolet syringe which has a tactile measuring capability. I have used it for several years.

If I read the archived emails correctly, the count-a-dose device has also been discontinued.

Question: Are there any good and useable devices for a blind person to accurately measure their own insolin still available?  And, where might they be obtained?I am currently taking 20-25 units of 70-30 twice daily.

My HMO does have the BD syringes if a count-a-dose can still be found. Also, they provide a flex pen and humalin pen which I have not seen as yet, but doubt if they can be simply used by a blind person.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions you may be able to give.

Grant

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4691 (20091215) __________

http://www.eset.com