[Diabetes-talk] Voice

joy jstigile at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 11 02:36:48 UTC 2009

Dear All,
The "The Voice of the Diabetic" has been available for almost 2 years on the
NFB web site.  It was widely advertised on this list for people to take
advantage of this.  But, very few did.

At my Dr.'s office's they usually have magazine's that the office staff
leave in the waiting room, like "People", "Time", and "Ladies Home Journal".
My Dr. does not subscribe to any magazines because he has a budget  to
consider also.

When I became treasurer of DAN in 2003 the cost of publishing "The Voice"
was over $350,000 a year.  Many people tried to get advertising to help
cover some of the costs.  Please remember that almost everything we
purchased this week has gone up close to 30% in the last 2 years.
Joy Stigile, DAN Treasurer