[Diabetes-talk] question

Paul & Paula Jordan paujor at fuse.net
Fri Feb 20 13:09:25 UTC 2009

As I mentioned in my intro to the group a few days ago, I've been diagnosed
as diabetic for almost 3 months, and have had meter issues,

Which I think are being fixed today.  My next issue has to do with whether
or not I should have a food plan.  I have met for 4 times with a cde, but
she hasn't said anything about this.

When I was first diagnosed, I began to read everything I could get my hands
on, and, now I feel almost like a "duck out of water."

The view seems to be that all blind people have sighted caregivers, and, I
don't have any idea where this comes from.  When I tell them that I don't
have sighted help,

They throw up their hands in astonishment, and quickly fade away not knowing
what to do.

Is the lack of a food plan a real concern, and if so, are there places to
contact for this type of help.

Thanks in advance.

Paul