[Diabetes-talk] question

Ed Bryant ebryant at socket.net
Fri Feb 20 20:20:42 UTC 2009

Hi Paul,
	You should definitely have a food plan as we should all strive to
keep our diabetes in check.  Apparently, the CDE you went to does not
understand blindness, and does not realize that blindness is not synonymous
with inability.
	My wife and I are totally blind and sometimes I face issues in which
sighted health professionals don't understand I can do pretty much anything
concerning my diabetes without sight.
	So, please let me know where you live, and I will let you know if I
know any health professionals in your area.  Also, the Mayo Clinic in
Rochester, Minnesota publishes "Your Diabetes Diet: Exchange Lists."  This
publication is in frames, so you may not be able to read it, but you can
find it at http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diabetes-diet/DA00077.
	Incidentally, I have had diabetes for about 50 years and I find it
to be a nuisance, but a condition that can be managed.
	Also, if you would like me to telephone you, please, send your phone
number and where you live in a private email, I will call.

Best Regards,
Ed Bryant