[Diabetes-talk] Returning member with questions.

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Feb 24 05:15:28 UTC 2009

The real problem here is the flip-side of the advantage of alternate
site testing: fewer nerves. So it's correspondingly more difficult to
find exactly where the spot of blood is on the alternate site.

Better in my estimation to just put up with the sting and do
finger-sticks; the readings are more accurate anyway. Moreover, I
*prefer* a bit of a sting in that I know the lancet has punched thru any
calluses that may have built up.

Mike