[Diabetes-talk] pumps

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Thu Mar 5 04:22:55 UTC 2009

I find this quite interesting.
I didn't get one hundred percent coverage for my medicines last year
from the social security office.
this is what Karen shared with me from the council of aging.
So I am waiting for a letter to come to me to help me with my medicines.
Fine,
Until then I pay what they ask me to pay.
Yesterday I spoke with my diabetic educator asking if the pump would
cost me less.
First I need to be a type one diabetic.
Even though my doctor isn't a type one he uses the pump for convenience.
He is a type two.
I also was told the insurance I am on only pays what Medicare pays.
So I still couldn't afford it.
I was told they could put me on the fast acting insulin, but I said no.
that the homology's I am using works just fine.
I sure didn't need to have other problems.
When this one is working out well.
Even if the price is higher.
Am I being told correct that you must be a type one instead of type two?
Hope this all makes since smile.
thanks,