[Diabetes-talk] Clevercheck swap

Amy Krout-Horn krouthorn at verizon.net
Fri May 8 14:34:17 UTC 2009

Hello All,
I've been testing with a Prodigy Voice since November 2008, and receiving my strips from a mail order company. Yesterday when I called to order new supplies, they informed me that they are no longer going to distribute the Prodigy strips because, according to the customer service rep, they are too difficult to obtain. She said that they will send me a Clevercheck, free of charge. I , ever the cynic, asked many questions and was assured that the Clevercheck has all of the same functions as the Prodigy Voice, except that it does not announce the date when initially powered up. Because I've been so happy with the Prodigy meter, I'm reluctant to give it up, but want to give the Clevercheck a fair shot. Is anyone using the Clevercheck? What are your opinions? If I try the Clevercheck and find that it isn't to my satisfaction, does anyone know where I can reliably receive mail order  Prodigy Voice supplies?
Because I've read all the positive material written in "Voice of the Diabetic" about the Prodigy model, and haven't heard anything on the Clevercheck, I fear that my skepticism may be legitimate. I appreciate any feedback on this subject.
In Gratitude,
Amy