[Diabetes-talk] questions

David Anspach danspach at tampabay.rr.com
Sat May 9 20:25:06 UTC 2009

Hi Paul,
I feel like you definitely have the right to be concerned and even angry.
There is no reason why you should not be able to contact your doctor's
office and discuss the results of such a major blood test with someone who
can answer all of your questions.

If the assistant could not answer your questions or provide you with the
correct information, then she should have taken a message and had your
doctor, or his assistant, contact you. There is absolutely no reason for
being hung up on just because you wanted to know the results of your test.

You might even consider lodging a complaint with someone at your doctor's
office, even if it is your doctor, as the treatment you received is
ridiculous. If your doctor's office is simply unwilling to work with you,
then you might consider changing doctor's.

In the end, you have a right, as a  patient, to know your test results and
to be able to take an active role in your own health care. If this doctor,
or his staff, are unwilling to do this, then you definitely need to make a
change. If it is simply a misunderstanding and you get an apology, then I
wouldn't make any changes.

Hope this helps,

Dave