[Diabetes-talk] [SPAM] Re: cholesterol levels

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu May 21 03:13:30 UTC 2009

HDL should be above 50 for women.

Mike

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eileen Scrivani" <etscrivani at verizon.net>
To: "Tamera" <fidano at verizon.net>; "Diabetes Talk for the Blind"
<diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Diabetes-talk] [SPAM] Re: cholesterol levels

Tam:

If you read the original message, Amy states: "I know that it's
important
not to have a
deficiency in your LDL, but is it possible to be too low when it comes
the HDL?"

LDL is bad cholesterol and yes you do want it to be "deficient."  That
is
the lower the LDL the better you are.  The HDL which is good cholesterol
you
want to have at a much higher level what the max, if any on HDL is I am
not
certain.  You do not want HDL to be low.

So there was some confusion in the original post in understanding the
differences of LDL verses HDL.  And, yes, you are correct that exercise
can
reduce the LDL and help raise the HDL which is what we want. Diet to is
factor.  I refuse to go onto the statens as well as cholesterol has
benefits
to the body andthe drugs prescribed deminish the body's levels of
essential
Co-Q10 which is needed for good heart/brain function.  The drugs als
deminish the levels of vitamin D in the body which I think studies are
now
showing how important it is for a range of bodily functions.

Eileen